Welcome to QMiCS – a European Quantum Flagship project
QMiCS sets up a quantum microwave local area network cable over a distance of several meters. We will use this architecture to implement quantum communication protocols such as teleportation between two superconducting quantum nodes.
Since our approach does not require any of the notoriously loss‑prone frequency conversion techniques, our platform will be highly beneficial for distributed quantum computing.
In addition, we take first steps towards the ambitious goal of radar-style quantum sensing with microwaves. Major milestones here are the implementation of microwave single photon detectors and the development of a roadmap towards commercial applications in later phases of the Flagship.
QMiCs project partners:
- Walther-Meißner-Institute (WMI) for Low Temperature Research of the Bavarian Academy of Sciences and Humanities, Germany, Coordinator
- Aalto University (AALTO), Finland
- Ecole Normale Supérieure de Lyon (ENSL), France
- Instituto de Telecomunicações (IT), Portugal
- Oxford Instruments nanotechnology Ltd, United Kingdom
- TTI Norte S.L. (TTI), Spain
- University of the Basque Country (UPV/EHU), Spain
- VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland Ltd (VTT), Finland